REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
FROM SERVICE PROVIDERS FOR
COMMUNITY, RECREATIONAL &
MOUNT VERNON, NEW YORK
This Request for Expression of Interest (RFEI) does not create any representation, either expressed or implied, that:
- any RFP process will proceed; or
- if any RFP process does proceed, that the respondent’s tender or other form of application (if any) will be given any preference or special consideration.
Participants are still required to follow any RFP process that may follow. This Request for Expressions of Interest does not indicate a commitment to any course of action. Further, we are not at this time seeking proposals and will not accept unsolicited proposals. Respondents are advised that project developers, associates and/or affiliates will not pay for any information or administrative costs incurred in response to this RFEI.
All costs associated with responding to this RFEI will be solely at the interested Respondent’s expense.
blockchain technology courses
As a feature of a new 315-unit workforce housing development situated in the Metro-North train hub of the City of Mount Vernon, New York, the project developers are offering an opportunity for a non-for-profit partner to program over 11,000 square feet of recreational and multi-purpose space. We envision the space to serve as a gymnasium, multipurpose classroom, office, and learning space. As such, we are seeking experienced and proven partners to utilize and manage programs within the space for building residents and the broader Mount Vernon youth community. The scope of the opportunity includes:
- Leasing 1,100 square feet of community office space at below market cost
- Providing programming on approximately 2,000 square feet of amenity space and over 8,000 square feet of recreational space for the residents of the new development
- Making such programs available to local youth to benefit the broader community of Mount Vernon
National and/or locally based service providers of enrichment programs are encouraged to respond to this RFEI for the occupancy and utilization of the space. Long term occupancy and space utilization is envisioned and encouraged.
Respondents should demonstrate:
- Proven and verifiable record of service delivery
- Current financial capacity and sustainability
- Commitment to significant local/minority empowerment and inclusion will be given special consideration
youth learning and development
STATEMENT OF NEED
We are issuing this Request for Expression of Interest (RFEI) to seek input from service providers regarding the development and implementation of comprehensive programs to benefit the youth community of Mount Vernon, NY.
The goals of this RFEI are to gather information to inform a subsequent Request for Proposal as well as to encourage program design considerations for residents of the City of Mount Vernon, NY. Operations of the program will be done within the more than 11,000 square feet of space on the ground floor of a major residential/commercial real estate development expected to be completed in the spring of 2027.
We seek to obtain a broad overview of what is available in the marketplace for the provision of these services in the following areas. The following areas are merely an expression of the intent, not a restrictive list of must-meet requirements:
- Youth recreational and athletic programming and activities
- Pre-K and Academic Readiness Programs
- Afterschool Enrichment Programs
- Summer Camp and Summer Youth Employment Programs
- Creative and Performance Arts
- Capacity Building, Trade and Career Readiness
- Technology Programs
- Entrepreneurship (programs that support and create)
- STEM enrichment Curriculum
Respondents should be an established national or community-based service provider with a proven track record of service delivery and accomplishment for any target population within the United States of America. Respondents will seek a strategic partnership with community-based developers to expand existing programs or to grow into a rapidly developing neighborhood featuring new retail, diverse residential housing, and community amenities.
artificial intelligence curriculum
In looking for providers to occupy this space, it is imperative that we find a service provider with a suitable fit of programs that will create impact and be results driven. To help in our selection, please provide a 1 – 2 page Cover Letter for an Expression of Interest that fully responds to the following prompts:
- Please provide a summary of your organization’s background and relevant programming experience as it relates to this RFEI and the program you intend to provide.
- How does your current array of services fit into the community-based programs for the area you serve in?
- How would you measure success for the services you provide? What are the best performance outcomes for those services?
- What type of programming would you like to see implemented for your target population?
- What is working now for your agency based on the programs you deliver?
Please also supplement your Cover Letter with the following materials to inform organizational capacity:
➢ Financial statements
➢ Annual report
➢ Organization brochures of current programming
TIMELINE AND SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS
We reserve the right, at sole discretion, to withdraw the RFEI as well as to use the ideas or proposals submitted in any manner deemed to be in the best interest of the project or undertaking the prescribed work in a manner other than that which is set forth herein.
The issuer may contact respondents for clarification on the RFEI submission. Submissions will be reviewed by the project committee for the purpose of consultation on program design.
Any questions on the RFEI should be directed to [email protected] no later than July 11, 2022.
Responses to this RFEI are due no later than July 18, 2022 at 5PM via the form below.
The development team will host two sessions to provide additional information about the development project. Interested applicants must register for the events by emailing [email protected].
INFORMATION SESSION #1
June 13, 2022 | 2pm
INFORMATION SESSION #2
Tuesday, June 28th at 2pm
11 West Prospect Avenue, 3rd Floor
Mount Vernon, New York 10550
RFEI EXPRESSION OF INTEREST FORM
FORMS MUST BE SUBMITTED BY JULY 18, 2022, 5PM.